Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 46...the little things


Today's picture is wishful thinking. It is brutally hot here in Arizona, and we are tired of it. What I wouldn't give for nice cool days, in the 90's.

Hannah is great, she went to a jewlery party with Sharon and then even to the mall (mask and all) for a bit yesterday with 2 friends. She is ready for the arsenic starting tomorrow.

Now for a little personal reflection.

To say that this experience has been life changing would be an understatement. In many ways, it has been polar opposites. The fastest and slowest 46 days of my life at the same time. The most heart wrenching and joyful period of my life. The blessings and tears have been too many to count.

The motto of the the coaching staff that I work with is "do the little things" If you do the little things right, the big things will take care of themselves. So many times we as people take the little things for granted. The mundane, the things that we have to do. The things that I really don't want to do, but need to do.

Over the last 46 days, I have come to enjoy the little things. They can mean so much. A smile, a knowing touch, laughter, the wink of an eye. Little things that we do everyday that we do not think about, now affect me greatly and mean a great deal to me.

Now looking back at my 52 years, I feel that I have missed a lot of the little things. I think maybe that I was trained or conditioned to go for the big things. The mountain top experiences, the destination. I don't know, maybe it is a "guy thing"

The journey is filled with the little things.

The little things may not bring the memories, but in many ways they fulfill us. Sharon posted a Facebook status this week of "I have wonderful beautiful friends, my heart is full"

Sharon understands the little things.

I am learning to.

Eucaristia

1 comment:

  1. Oh...I think you get the little things too. Still praying and thinking of your family daily! xo

    ReplyDelete